About this woman who started a club encouraging Muslim men to marry more than once with the objective of helping single mothers, reformed prostitutes and women who feel they are past the marrying age.
And she said, "We want to change the way people perceive polygamy, so that it will be seen as something beautiful instead of something disgusting," said Hatijah Aam, the founder of the club.
Well, what do you think?
Personally, I think polygamy may be beautiful to those who have already practised it. But not to others who have not. Well, I may be still at the phase where I don't understand marriage so I wouldn't easily accept polygamy as for now. The thought of one man sharing many women just makes me feel disgusted after all, even though it is allowed in Islam. Why would they want to marry the women when they can help them by giving them money? Instead of marrying, they can provide houses for them right? Why should they marry? Is it because the women want to be grateful? So, they married the men? And what is so wrong in being single after 30? I am sure the women are still able to survive given the higher level of education nowadays that have allowed them to find jobs and earn money for a living. So, why bother turning to men when women can be independent?
I am still baffled by the idea of polygamy.
Just the thought of it makes me feel disgusted.
But the truth is, what makes me feel more disgusted is men.
There's just something about them that I am still unsure about.
Hmmmmm.
Oh well, till here.
Ciao.

No comments:
Post a Comment